1) Strength and durability: Solid wood is a resilient and long lasting material. If you’re looking for furniture that will serve you well for years, Solid wood should be the go to choice. Whatever species you choose – whether it be Maple or Pine, Cherry or Birch – there is an innate stability and reliability to a well-made, Solid Wood dining table or bed.
2) Beauty and versatility: Solid wood furniture lends a unique charm and beauty to a room. Especially when crafted by skilled artisans, each piece can be specially finished to highlight its unique textures and grains. And whether your style be modern or classic, casual or formal, solid wood furniture can immediately bring warmth, coziness and natural beauty to any room.
3) Long term value: While it may be more expensive than furniture made of particle board, MDF etc., the durability of Solid Wood furniture ensures that it offers excellent value for money. Instead of constantly spending on furniture every couple of years, you invest in a quality piece that often improves with age! Furniture made from Solid wood is easily passed on from generation to generation. But even if you should want to ever sell a piece, solidly built, well maintained furniture can easily retain its value over the years.
4) Ease of maintenance: It only takes a good dusting and an occasional, light polish to keep wood surfaces looking their best. If scratches, dents or marks appear over time, it is easy to sand down and re-finish Solid Wood furniture, unlike furniture made from MDF, particle board and such cheaper materials.
5) Sustainability: When sourced from responsibly managed forests, wood offers an excellent option for sustainability, and is thus an ecologically sound way of furnishing a home. Also, if you consider, wood that is responsibly sourced is the only renewable building material around—trees that are harvested for their wood can be replenished by new growth. In addition, the production and processing of wood furniture takes up less carbon footprint than other materials.
Another way that Solid Wood furniture is good for the environment and the economy is that most of the times, it is sourced from locally grown materials and is made locally by independent craftsmen. It is thus an excellent way of supporting small businesses and the local economy.